So I have finally gotten around to replacing our terrible lighting in our basement. In the video I go through removing the old porcelain light fixture and wiring in new recessed lighting boxes, complete with basic wiring. I was able to do this in about 35 mins while doing all the video, hopefully after watching this you can get this done in a short period of time. After the first one I got the other 5 done in around an hour.
- Always check to make sure the power has been shut off at the breaker.
- Verify the power is off at the light with switch on and off.
- Remove or open old light/cover.
- Remove Old electrical box/fixture.
- Inspect wiring for damage or improper stripping.
- Label the wiring or draw diagram so you wire the new fixture the same.
- Install new lighting box, keep aware of wiring to make sure it will reach the junction box.
- Wire up exactly as previous light was wired.
- Turn breaker back on and check light.