I recently installed some Recessed Ceiling lighting and wanted to add an overhead outlet for my work bench overhead light. This video will cover the basics of install while tying into an existing light. You can also tie into a junction box or another outlet. If you have any questions let me know.
- Always check to make sure the power has been shut off at the breaker.
- Verify the power is off at the light with switch on and off.
- Install new outlet box in desired location
- Run new wire from outlet box to junction box or another outlet
- Wire in new outlet and secure in outlet box.
- Tie wiring into existing outlet or junction box.
- Turn breaker back on and check outlet.